Natural Barium Sulfate for Powder Coating Industry
Molecular formula: BaSO4
HS code: 2511100
CAS No.: 13462-86-7
EINECS No: 236-664-5
TECHNICAL DATA SHEET:
|Specific Gravity (g/cm3)||4.3||4.3||3.5||4.3|
|Oil Absorption (g/100g)||12 - 14||11 - 13||10 - 12||12 - 14|
|PH Value||7 ± 0.5||7 ± 0.5||7 ± 0.5||7 ± 0.5|
|Water Soluble Matters (%)||0.2||0.2||0.2||0.2|
Barium Sulfate (or Sulphate) is the inorganic compound with the chemical formula BaSO4. It is a white crystalline solid that is odorless and insoluble in water. It occurs as the mineral barite, which is the main commercial source of barium and materials. The white opaque appearance and its high density are exploited in its main applications.
- Powder coating: Barium Sulfate as a filler is better than other filling materials. Especially for the coating of chemical resistance. It is insoluble in water, acid, alkali and organic solvent. It has an excellent gloss, high fineness of particles, can improve its fluidity, filling and compatibility with different kinds of pigments. It makes surface hardness is increased and color stability.
- PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS:
● Very high purity guaranteed
● High whiteness
● Good dispersity and affinity
● High specific gravity
● Nice covering power
● Resistant to acids and alkalis
● Natural, non-toxic and magnetic
● Stable chemical properties
Factory standard: 25kg/bag, plastic woven bag with lining.
24MT/20'GP Container for Barium Sulfate